Global Sanctions is committed to safeguarding the privacy and confidentiality of our website users.
The information we collect
You will not be required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, we will collect your personal information when you register for email alerts. You can request that this information is removed from our servers in accordance with the data retention policies. You can opt-out of the email alerts at any time by either contacting us at email@example.com or clicking on the opt-out hyperlink within an email that you have received.
Should you decide to purchase a subscription to our full website services, we will need to collect financial information necessary to process such a transaction. We do not share financial information with outside parties.
We will only collect and retain personal information to the extent that it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
How we will use your information
When you provide information to us via this website it will be processed by us or on our behalf in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. We will store this data and hold it on computer or in hard copy form. Personal data submitted to us will be used for the purposes of either dealing with any enquiry made by you, notifying you of email alerts (if you have opted to receive that information) or to process your subscription to the full services of this website (if you have decided to purchase it). We may give information about you (except financial information), on the understanding that such information will be kept confidential, to our partners, employees and agents to administer any services provided to you by EU Sanctions Ltd now or in the future. Otherwise we will only disclose information as previously notified to you except as follows:
- to any law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with the commission of any offence, once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request;
- to comply with applicable laws and lawful government and/or regulatory requests;
- to operate our systems properly; and/or – to protect our users and ourselves.
Your rights to access personal information
You have the right to receive information about the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation and applicable local UK legislation) we maintain on you upon written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us.
Data subject rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Enquire the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
- For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email or write to us at EU Sanctions Ltd, 15 Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1BW United Kingdom, or email our Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details),
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- Let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any email alerts, you can click on the opt-out hyperlink within an email alert that you have received. It may take up to seven days for this to take place
- You can also email email@example.com to have your details updated/removed or unsubscribed from any communication you may receive from us.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. Please note that email is not a secure medium and should not be used to send confidential or sensitive information. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
We always aim to improve the services we offer. As a result, we occasionally canvass our clients and mailing list members using surveys. Participation in surveys is voluntary, and you are under no obligation to reply to any survey you might receive from us. Should you choose to do so, we will treat the information you provide with the same high standard of care as all other customer information.
Links to other websites
Notification of changes
The European Sanctions website is not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Bar Standards Board and does not provide legal advice or representation.
We exclude any liability for any losses, damages, expenses, claims or costs arising from reliance on the content of the site. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information on the site.